Monday, October 31, 2011

Embryo Transfer tomorrow!!! Woo hoo!

Ok ladies and gentlemen...its the moment we've been waiting for...THE EMBRYO TRANSFER! This is when they will put my embryos (that have been growing in the lab) back into my uterus! How exciting...so when I leave the hospital tomorrow, I will have 2 little embryos in my belly!!! BUT the embryos have to attach themselves to the uterine wall...thats actually when a pregnancy is achieved.  For that we have to wait 10 days for our blood test.  Until then, its normal to have some early pregnancy symptoms :)



So we have to be there at 7:00 and my procedure will begin at 7:30am.  I wont be put to sleep, just on valium. Then afterwards I have to lay on my back for a while and then they will discharge me.  I will be on bed rest for 3 days following that.

Other than that, I'm still in extreme pain from the shots.  Today its hard to walk.  It takes me 5 minutes to go down my stairs...or get in/out of the car. BUT...I'm motivated.  I can do this!!!

Boy, what a process...IVF is really cool and I'm not ashamed of it.  God is in the midst of my situation and He holds my baby (or babies) future in His hands. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment