Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ouch, ouch and ouch!!! IM Progesterone shots really hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the nurses and the doctor kept telling me how painful they would be and boy were they right! I have a pretty high pain tolerence so I figured it would hurt but NOT THIS BAD! IM (intramuscular) injections go right into the upper part of my rear.  The needle is huge but thats not the problem...the actual injections dont hurt too bad.  Its the day after that I wanna cry of pain. It feels like someone has punched me really hard in the area...plus imagine your hardest day of working out when you cant sit, bend or walk...yup, thats how I feel all day! I have to do these every day for the next 2 weeks and then if I'm pregnant, I do them for 10 weeks every night!!!!

See the needle??? yeowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The purpose of this shot is to give my body progesterone.  Progesterone is a pregnancy hormone.  When a woman gets pregnant, the body produces it.  It thickens the uterine wall to be able to carry a baby.  The progesterone is in olive oil, which makes it very thick to inject.

Please pray for my pain to subside and for these injections to get easier...at this point, I would rather go back to the abdomen shots ANY DAY, 3X/DAY, rather than continue these. Wishful thinking, I know...so for now I will keep reciting Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"and keep my eye on the prize!!! Until next time...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment