Friday, October 28, 2011

Egg retrieval went well!!!! Yes...........

Yesterday was my egg retrieval and it went really well! Thank you Lord! For the few weeks I have been taking TONS of injections of fertility drugs. My prayer during this time was that the drugs would work well with my body and make lots of egg...well they did! For those of you that don't know exactly what goes on during an egg retrieval, I found this short video online.


See, isn't that amazing! So yesterday I had to be at the hospital at 7:15am. My procedure was suppose to start at 8am sharp.  Well that didn't happen.  Why?? Two letters...IV.  I've never had an IV before, nor have I been put to sleep so I really didn't know what to expect.  I was scared and freezing. To make a long story short, it took around 30 minutes to get my IV going.  Apparently I have small veins and it was hard to get the IV in.  After 3 nurses couldn't get it to work, they called the anesthesiologist and he was able to do it after a few pokes. So nine painful pokes later...I finally had my IV going.  My hand today is swollen and bruised. 

After my IV was in, they walked me over to the OR.  I was greeted by my doc (Dr. Wong), the anesthesiologist, and about 5 nurses.  Once they got me situated on the table, they gave me something to make me relax. Woooooo hoooooo that was some good stuff!! LOL. A few minutes later, I remember the anesthesiologist saying "I'm gonna give you something to make you sleepy"... and BAM that was all I remember. It went really well and when they woke me up, my husband and mom were in the room. They said I keep asking them "Where is the doctor? Is doctor Wong here?" LOL and I kept asking my mom if she went to work! Hahahaha...it took me longer than normal to come out from the effect of anesthesia and I kept feeling nauseous. Yucky.





Anyways, they were able to retrieve 11 eggs which is a great number!!! Yay!!! So T had to go "contribute"...cough, cough and they mix the two together. They called us last night and said that 8 of them fertilized! How cool is that!!! I got a little emotional. It trips me out to think that I have 8 little fertilized cells trying to become embryos. So now we wait. They will call me each day to give me a report of how my embryos are developing. We go back on Tuesday to have them put in (the amount we put in is up to me and the hubs...no octomom going on over here!). 

I feel ok. Major cramping and I'm recovering well :)




1 comment:

  1. Yesterday was an awesome day and one of my most memorable experiences with you as my daughter :-) You did so well, and God gave you a brave and strong spirit (like your Mom). I am so very proud of the woman you have become, and the incredible Mother you will be. You and Tee will be the best example of loving parents--I love you both so very much!

    And Tee, you were amazing because that was not easy....really.

    ReplyDelete